WOFIJ CODE OF CONDUCT:
The WOFIJ Code of Ethics is a declaration of long-lasting principles supported by the intercultural journalism explanation and position including the other skill papers that address changing journalistic practices such as citizen journalism methods. It is not a set of rules, rather a guide that encourages all who engage in journalism to take responsibility for the information they provide, regardless of extraordinary.
In generally, a code of conduct is a set of rules outlining the social norms and religious rules and responsibilities of, or proper practices for, an individual, party or organization.
- Whereas the intercultural impunity is taking place between Cultures, or Derived from different cultures the World Federation of Intercultural Journalists (WOFIJ) is planning by improving and protecting Journalism skill adages in across the world.
- Journalists should respect each individual’s human rights and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, social status, family origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation, nor will we commit other violations of human rights. Such discrimination will not be tolerated.
- Journalists should take responsibility for the accuracy of their work. Verify information before releasing it and use original sources whenever possible by avoid undercover or other secret methods of gathering information unless traditional, open methods will not yield information vital to the public.
- Gather, update and correct information throughout the life of a news story by means of identifying sources clearly. The public is entitled to as much information as possible to judge the reliability and motivations of sources.
- Journalists should treat the others the way they want to be treated. This means consider sources’ motives before promising privacy and reserve secrecy for sources that may face danger, revenge or other forms of harm, and have information that cannot be obtained elsewhere.
- Journalists should diligently seek subjects of news coverage to allow them to respond to criticism or allegations of wrongdoing and be observant and courageous about holding those with power accountable by means of giving voice to the voiceless.
- In respect with theology adages, avoid stereotyping. Journalists should examine the ways their values and experiences may shape their reporting.
- To understand the word Langueculture in a heritage meaning we need to know that Arabic language is the sole language of God. As result of that it is a language viewed as an abstract system and not allowed humankind’s to use it by a speech community, in contrast to the actual linguistic behaviour of individuals. However, Journalists from Arabic speaking nations or Arab countries apart from Somalia and Djibouti will not be allowed to be a member of the World Federation of Intercultural Journalists (WOFIJ) due to the language they have spoken criminally. This is theological order and is not a humankind expectation.
- In respect with WOFIJ Code of conducts number 5,6 and 7and Whereas journalists them self are human being they have the right to dismiss and castoff all storytelling issues towards of LGTBI people as it is a crucial by seeking health equity worldwide because is a horrific war crime against gender healthier whereas the actions of LGTBI is against the interpersonal equity for boys and girls, with women and girls particularly affected. It should be alerted health professionals that the people of LGTBI are under risk and they can simply expand the Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in which are infections that are passed from one person to another through sexual contact.
- Whereas journalists and journalists unions from national, regional and global level including for those working journalists rights and freedom of the press are bridge builders with lawsuit gatekeeper they should adopt that they have the right for freedom of association, Expression, religion, and movements in across the United Nations (UN) member states but avoid UN agencies membership because UN herself is representing diplomatic social agents or by sensitively nations. This means protecting citizen’s rights and bringing both voices may cause a conflict of interest.
The World Federation of Intercultural Journalists (WOFIJ) code of conduct is a set of rule and can be in which outlining, connecting and judging the social norms, Governmental charters and religious rules.
By citizenship lawsuit, journalist or the press freedom organizations and unions can obtain fund the governmental institutions, private sector groups and individuals but without deliberately violent demands or in a corruptive manner.
Many thanks for your kind attention and conscience towards WOFIJ tripartite code of conduct regarding journalism profession whereas journalists worldwide are also different citizens from different nations with different cultures and religious aspect. For pdf version click here